Why hire a professional consultant?” This is a valid question. And here’s the answer: When your spa is faced with problems that won’t go away. The right consultant can give you valuable insight into your business, increase productivity and improve your bottom line.
So, once you determine it is time to hire a consultant, you must compile a list of potential candidates for the job. There are many ways to go about finding a consultant that is right for you. The best is asking other spa owners, and/or The Day Spa Association for recommendations.
When asking for recommendations, determine whether the prospects have demonstrated the following capabilities:
- Ability to diagnose problems
- A track record of presenting workable solutions to clients
- The ability to implement those solutions (e.g., installing equipment, training employees, re-vamping a budgetary procedure or compensation package, etc.)
- The ability to facilitate and commitment to the plan of action
The Most Common Tasks that Consultants Undertake in the Spa World:
- Diagnosis and Assessment – They’ll identify your problems with your business and state them.
- Problem Solving – They’ll suggest ways of solving your problems.
- Research and Analysis – They’ll investigate the trends, events, obstacles and opportunities affecting your spa’s goals.
- Training – They’ll teach your manager(s) and staff essential skills.
- Mediation – They’ll help resolve disputes with or within your organization.
The eventual goal when working with a consultant is to develop business courage, skill and independence while moving steadily towards profitability. With any business decision, take your time when hiring a consultant, and make sure you are a good fit. The results can be business and life changing, if you’re all willing to put the time and effort into it.
President: theSECRET Salon & Spa by Design
Filed under: About Us |