It is time to rev up your spa for the holidays. Plan well by preparing effectively right now before it is too late. This can increase revenue and make your spa more successful leading into the New Year.
Update your website.
- Make sure all your basic spa information is online and up to date. It will decrease calls to the spa before they visit and it will give your clients more control.
- Add fresh content and photos before the holiday.
- Check your online reputation. Conduct an online search of your spa and make sure the information on the web is up-to-date and that your spa reviews are fair.
- Go to: www.getlisted.org to make sure all your current website information is listed on Yahoo, Google, Bing and other search engines. It will take you 10 minutes and will help consumers find you online.
Get your front desk ready.
- The front desk must focus on the guests in your spa to obtain increased revenue for the holiday.
- Prioritize rebooking while the client is in your spa. This should be the focus of every employee from technician to the front desk.
- Deliver service and tranquility by reducing distraction for clients and the front desk. If you can move inbound calls away from the front desk it will improve your rebooking rates right away.
- Decrease calls to the front desk by making sure all relevant information is on the spa website including hours, map, events etc.
- Use online booking. It gives the client control during the busy holiday and it frees up staff.
Be predictability to enhance your spa brand.
Being consistent with your brand means that clients receive the service they have come to expect, even during the hectic holidays. Remember that your clients’ expectations are high and they don’t want to hear excuses.
Scripts are key to success for your spa.
- Technicians, front desk and receptionists must guide clients toward product, instant gifts and rebooking.
- Make sure you have a script for employees that guides clients toward your sales goal. The staff must be accountable for using scripts because it will affect your bottom line.
- Don’t let unknowledgeable personnel cost you business this holiday. Provide them with scripts and training so they are confident when using the information you provide.
- Anticipate your clients’ needs and let them know what they can expect from the spa experience.
- Make sure all employees know about your current spa and online promotions.
A daily meeting during the holiday is key.
- Frequency = urgency. A daily meeting, even 5 minutes communicates verbally and symbolically that holiday sales are very important to the spa.
- Use the meetings to keep information flowing from you to the staff.
- Update your staff on schedule shifts and goals by category. It is important to let them know where they stand every day and give them a plan to meet those goals.
Refresh, Renew and Reorganize the spa’s physical space.
- Approximately 40% of your revenue is coming this holiday. Make sure the existing product layout is going to work for the holiday season.
- Customers will be coming in to shop for friends and family so make sure items you want to highlight are easy to spot.
- Use signage in your spa and salon. Make sure clients know you have gift packages, and promote online booking and instant gift certificates in the spa.
Use Email marketing.
Collect emails at the front desk and through your website. Add fresh email addresses to your existing list and send out a holiday promotion. Email marketing is one of the most efficient and cost- effective methods for communicating with clients.
Own your traffic and take all opportunities to set yourself up for a successful holiday season. The time to act is now so get excited and find it within yourself to make this the best holiday on record.
Filed under: About Us |